Editor’s observe: This Motor vehicle Seat Check was published in November 2021 about the 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback tiny of material has modified with this year’s model. See what’s new for 2022 or check out out a side-by-side comparison of the two model a long time.
The verdict: The Audi Q5 Sportback takes the luxury compact SUV and provides coupelike styling to its rear close. Car or truck seat fitment is great in the Q5 Sportback, generating it a very good option for households who want anything that stands out from the crowded compact SUV area.
Does it healthy a few motor vehicle seats? No.
Consider a seem at how the Latch technique and every single auto seat scored under in our Motor vehicle Seat Check of the 2021 Audi Q5 Sportback.
Linked: Search Automobile Seat Checks
- Latch: The Q5 Sportback has two sets of reduce Latch anchors in the outer rear seats. The decrease anchors are straightforward to uncover under removable plastic addresses and are simple to use. Three best tether anchors sit toward the base of the seatback. They’re very well marked and straightforward to use, way too.
- Infant seat: Our toddler seat mounted simply many thanks to the simple-entry Latch anchors. We experienced to move the front passenger seat ahead about an inch to in good shape the car seat that remaining our 5-foot-7 tester with just enough legroom to sit easily.
- Rear-experiencing convertible: To match this rear-going through car or truck seat in the Q5 Sportback, our tester had to change the front passenger seat forward about an inch — generally, the same setup as with the toddler seat and with the similar resulting legroom.
- Forward-experiencing convertible: The forward-dealing with convertible also set up quickly with no troubles connecting to the lessen Latch anchors or the major tether anchor, while we essential to raise the head restraint to get a superior link. To elevate the head restraint, press the button on the key fob to pull out the emergency essential. Subsequent, push the button on one facet of the head restraint post and force the crisis essential into the slot on the other facet of the head restraint’s base.
- Booster: Our high-again booster seat suit effectively. The seat belt buckle folds into the seat cushion, but the buckle can be easily lifted up and stays in place.
A: A lot of space for the car or truck seat and the youngster doesn’t influence driver or entrance-passenger legroom. Straightforward to obtain and link to Latch and tether anchors. No suit problems involving head restraint or seat contouring. Quick entry to the 3rd row.
B: One room, suit or relationship situation. Some problems accessing the third row when obtainable.
C: Marginal room furthermore one particular fit or relationship challenge. Challenging to accessibility the third row when accessible.
D: Inadequate space, in addition a number of in shape or relationship difficulties.
F: Does not match or is unsafe.
About Vehicles.com’s Vehicle Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified kid basic safety seat set up specialists.
For the Auto Seat Check, we use a Chicco KeyFit 30 toddler-security seat, a Graco Contender 65 convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are modified for a 6-foot driver and a shorter passenger. The a few child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits guiding the driver’s seat, and the toddler and convertible seats are mounted at the rear of the entrance passenger seat.
We also install the forward-struggling with convertible in the 2nd row’s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if 3 vehicle seats will suit a kid sitting down in the booster seat ought to be ready to attain the seat belt buckle. If there’s a third row, we install the booster seat and a ahead-struggling with convertible. Study far more about how we conduct our Car Seat Checks.
Mother and father ought to also keep in mind that they can use the Latch method or a seat belt to put in a car seat, and that Latch anchors have a excess weight limit of 65 lbs, which includes the fat of the baby and the weight of the seat itself.
Cars and trucks.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and assessments. In line with Autos.com’s lengthy-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers really don’t acknowledge presents or no cost journeys from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Autos.com’s promoting, product sales and sponsored content departments.