The computerized transmission of my Hyundai Xcent isn’t really working and is recognized to be an ECM difficulty.
GTO not long ago shared this with other fanatics.
Noticed a exciting dialogue on Jalopnik not too long ago and assumed it’s going to be a wonderful go through in this article.
- 2012 Nissan Sunny @ 61000 km: Key issue is it would not get started on the very first crank. Requires a L-O-N-G crank if it performs at all. However, switch it off, then restart, and the motor fires up swiftly. Bizarre. It is really the beater so I never get modest stuff set right up until the annual services visit. As extensive as the beater operates, that’s ample for me. Will repair at following assistance go to.
- 2021 Skoda Wonderful @ 6000 km: Almost nothing. Almost everything is great.
- 1997 Mahindra Typical @ 200,000 km: Wipers are operating way too sluggish (like crawling throughout the windscreen), the famed Jeep dying wobble has returned (wild steering movement at velocity), passenger seatbelt damaged. Will correct in June-July (open Jeep so minimal utilization in monsoon anyway).
- 2013 BMW 530d @ 50,000 km: Almost nothing. 9 many years up and best-class trustworthiness + build.
Here is what BHPian Dhruv29 had to say on the subject:
- Lexus ES300h: In the shop considering that 1 month thanks to multiple MID errors/not setting up on very first consider intermittently. Waiting for wiring harness from Japan.
- VW Tiguan Allspace: DSG/Drivetrain fault. Altering gearboxes like once-a-year oil adjust. Ready for 3rd gearbox to arrive from Germany.
This is what BHPian Sanidhya mukund had to say on the matter:
Mercedes C-course. (8 decades, 27k on the odo)
- Abdominal muscles sensor failed
- Tyres thanks for substitute
- Engine mounts are worn out
- Desires a new battery
- Spark plugs need to have to be changed
- Wiper blades require to be changed
- Front bumper requires to be repainted
- Needs new Auto Transmission fluid
Ford Ikon: (22 many years, 70k on the odo):
- Radiator wants to be serviced
- AC cooling coil is leaking
- Front strut mounts worn out
- Battery is 5 years outdated now
- Instrument cluster bulb fused
Maruti Esteem: (27 many years, 21k on the odo):
- Rear brake shoes
- Wheel bearings
- Strut mounts worn out
- Slight leak from the exhaust
- Demands new spark plugs
- Door pads need to have new trim
Maruti Omni: (6 years, 2 lakh on the odo):
- It is becoming (ab)utilized like a usual van. All pieces other than the horn make sound.
Tata Estate: (29 many years, 85k on the odo):
- Motor seized
- Suspension gone completely
- Wires and interiors chewed by rats
- Tyres, brakes, bearings, bushes, bellows and pipes, all have to have to be changed
- The whole system has been eaten by rust
2021 Maruti Ertiga: (7 months, 12k on the odo):
- Bonnet launch lever broken
- Front passenger aspect inside doorway deal with broken
- Accidental destruction on the entrance doorway and fender
The Merc and Ertiga are at this time at their respective workshops obtaining set. When they are back again, the Ikon and Esteem will be sorted and the Omni will go in for an overhaul. The Tata Estate will likely have to hold out one more calendar year.
Here’s what BHPian Ridiculous dRiVeR experienced to say on the make a difference:
2014 Hyundai Xcent – 30k km finished – What is now not doing the job – very well, auto has been at Hyundai authorized assistance for 44 days now! So the whole vehicle!
Heading into the particulars – the intended-to-be-trustworthy TC computerized transmission just isn’t doing work and determined to be an ECM problem. Catcon isn’t really performing due to the fact it crumbled up inside like cookies.
Preceding main concerns incorporate a damaged crankshaft assembly bolt that resulted in the complete belt assembly slipping off from the car or truck, a couple of Abdominal muscles sensors absent improper, a/c that hardly works in the summer time and many others.
2022 Jeep Compass – 4k km carried out – Much too new to comment.
2012 Fiat Punto (offered final month) – 207k km done – What was not doing work at the time of sale? The inventory ICE (Microsoft Blue&Me) gave up prolonged back again and had to be upgraded. Boot struts experienced shed stress and could not maintain the boot up in location when opened – couldn’t change it ahead of the sale. All the things else was nearly program and transformed as per the age and utilization of the car.
This is what BHPian vishy76 had to say on the matter:
2012 Chevrolet Spark
Odometer: 20,200 km
- Directional controls for the air conditioning really don’t operate. The cable that connects the knob to the HVAC console which in switch controls a slider that alterations the circulation of air from encounter to toes to windshield etc. has snapped. Haven’t bothered fixing it. Chevrolet sells the full console for 5500.
- Headlamp wiring harness (relay package I set up) has melted connectors thanks to sub-par good quality. Need to improve it ASAP.
- Headlamp stalk has a weird challenge the place equally the low and higher beams have a tendency to occur on owing to a short in the change when you nudge it pretty evenly.
- Gear selector lever has play owing to worn selector cables. Can be remedied for 1500 bucks.
- Gasoline Pump is slightly weak. As a end result, if the gas degree drops to 5-6L or lower, the vehicle has a tendency to jerk underneath complete throttle or is in some cases hesitant to commence.
- All in all, not poor for a auto that is nearing the 10 year mark. Electrical challenges have been much more frequent than mechanical ones.
2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Odometer: 97,800 km
- Rear AC vents are damaged. You can’t make out visually, but the louvres that are utilised to adjust the way of air stream have snapped from the vents and arrive totally free mainly because an individual kicked them most possibly
- The armrest tends to creak when extended all the way forward. Recognized concern.
- No other problems. Most have been remedied by me. I will be replacing the clutch grasp cylinder as proactive routine maintenance in the subsequent thirty day period.
2017 Renault Kwid
Odometer: 52,500 Km
- Entrance suspension demands an overhaul. Management arms, ARB bushes, link rods and I assume even the dampers are shot.
- Tappet go over has a extremely small oil leak, which causes oil to seep on to the warm exhaust defend and burn up.
- Distant important has a broken unlock button. Need to unlock the vehicle manually working with the mechanical blade.
- Blower motor has been producing noise on and off.
- AMT gearbox clutch has achieved the finish of its existence. Jerks whilst downshifting and letting off from a standstill.
I am in no mood to keep the Kwid at all. It will most most likely be bought off by subsequent month or the thirty day period just after. Will be replaced by an Ignis Delta AMT in all chance.
Look at out BHPian opinions for additional insights and info